Monday 6 August 2012

Pikelets


This post is for my friend Staz, who up until the weekend had never made pikelets. I promised I would share my simple pikelets recipe becasue I'm not sure how she ended up with such a complicated one! In this post you are going to see a kitchen appliance that changed my life. I got a crepe maker given to me for my 21st, at the time I wasn't that thrilled (how wrong I was). This has turned out to be one of the best things I have ever owned in the kitchen. I have even convinced others to buy one since. Staz even borrowed mine on Saturday to learn how to make her first ever pikelets. Now I think she will buy one too.

Who doesn't love pikelets- the farmer LOVES pikelets lathered in butter.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 3/4 c milk (approx)
METHOD:
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. In another bowl beat egg and sugar until thick. Add with milk to the sifted ingredients. Mix until just combined. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture from the point of a spoon onto a hot, lightly greased girdle, non stick frying pan or crepe maker. Turn pikelets over when bubbles start to burst on the top surface. Cook second side until golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment