With beef that litterally falls apart, pumpkin, beans, and a rich aromatic sauce this is the ultimate mid-week comfort food that you will roll out time and time again. Perfect for busy working people, it takes hardly any time to throw together and is the perfect end to a chilly winters day.
- 1kg of stewing steak cut into 2cm chunks, fat trimmed
- 1 Brown onion, finely diced
- 2 Tblsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 Tblsp Crushed garlic
- 1 Tblsp Minced Ginger
- 1 Tblsp Lemongrass paste or fresh chopped lemongrass
- 1 Red chilli - finely diced or 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- 1 Tblsp Fish sauce
- 1 Tblsp Raw honey
- ¾ cup Coconut milk
- ¾ cup Beef stock/broth
- 4 fresh Kaffir Lime Leaves
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 cup diced Pumpkin - 1cm x1cm
- 20 long Green beans - chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
Brown the meat in a pan, once browned put in slow cooker. Int othe same pan, add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and lemongrass. Stir through for 2-3 minutes until it smells delicious. Add to the slow cooker and stir through the meat to combine. Add all of the remining ingredients and stir to combine.
Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Once its cooked, stir through the baby spinach.
Cook the rice and serve.
- Curry Paste: 2 Tblsp Thai Green Curry Paste makes a mild curry. To make it medium, add another tblsp of paste. I use the Valcom brand.
- Lemongrass paste: I use the tubes that you find in the fresh food section by the fresh herbs.
- Kaffir Lime leaves: Find them in the vege department or in a bottle in the specialty food section. You can swap it out for lime peel or leave it out altogether.