- 250g dried risoni pasta
- 3 rashers of bacon chopped finely
- 1 red onion chopped
- 100g feta, crumbled or cubed
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 60g (1/4 cup) bought basil pesto
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Set aside to cool completely. In a pan cook bacon and onion, the onion will need less time as you want it to maintain its purple colour. Let this cool completely as well.
Combine the risoni pasta and the basil pesto- you will be able to stir it in to cover all of the pasta, if it is particularly thick, you can add a tblsp of water or lemon juice to make it stir through a bit easier.
- Make it ahead: Make up to 4 days ahead. Divide among airtight containers & store in the fridge.
- This recipe is perfect for catering for big numbers because you can multiply it really easily
- Get creative, there are heaps of variations of this recipe