Thursday 5 April 2012

No bake lolly cake

Who doesn't love lolly cake? When I saw the pack of ingredients at The Cottage Pantry in Geraldine (if you haven't visited then you must!) I had my sister with me who promptly decided that we (when she says 'we' she actually means me- while she watches) were making some that afternoon. This delightful and easy to make sweet bought back memories of childhood birthday parties and also reminded me a of a friend that loves to eat condensed milk when hungover (you know who you are Ross Dowling). I suggest this as a nice surprise to workmates, it's really easy to make and everyone loves lolly cake!
Cover in coconut and then shake of the excess once it's set

INGREDIENTS:
  • 120g butter
  • 250g malt biscuit crumbs
  • 180g fruit puff lollies
  • 200g condensed milk
  • coconut for decoration
METHOD:
Melt the butter and condensed milk together over a low heat (either in the microwave or in a saucepan). Cut your fruit puffs in half and put into a large bowl. Add the biscuit crumbs and the butter and condensed mixture to the lollies in your bowl. Mix together and then shape into logs or balls. Coat with the coconut and then put into the fridge to set. Refrigerate until firm.

TIPS:
  •  Make lolly cake balls for a sweet party plate

No comments:

Post a Comment