- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 pieces wiener schnitzel
- 4 slices shoulder bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Combine breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, basil, eggs and salt and pepper in a bowl.
Place the parcels into the oven in a dish, because a little bit of juice always finds its way out. Cook on 180 degree Celsius for 15minutes.
Remove the parcels form the oven and take off the tinfoil. Warning: Bloody hot!
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef olives, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
Serve with seasonal vegetables.
- I sometimes add 2 Tblsp of toasted pine nuts to the stuffing
- A lot of recipes for beef olives cook them in beef stock on the stove for 10-15minutes, this is just as good, however I find that wrapping them with tin foil makes them just as moist. I only use the stock method if I want to serve them with gravy.
|Too much stuffing in this one, but still tastes good!|