INGREDIENTS: (for one person- multiply for more people)
- 1 chicken breast per person or two chicken thighs
- 1 tomato sliced into wedges
- 3 asparagus stalks cut into quarters
- 2 large lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup soft cheese Brie/Camembert
- 1 Tblsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tblsp basil pesto
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- mayonnaise to serve
Cut chicken into 6 pieces. Place into a bowl with the pesto, soy sauce, white vinegar, garlic and honey. Cover with glad wrap and place in fridge. Marinade your chicken for at least an hour, overnight is best.
Lightly steam the asparagus and leave to cool while you cook the chicken. Cook chicken in a pan with the olive oil until golden on all sides and cooked through.
To prepare the salad, combine all of your salad greens, including your asparagus and arrange on your plate(s). Sprinkle with cheese, and top with tomato and chicken. Serve with home-made mayonnaise on the side.
- Add any other goodies that you have in the vege garden or find in season at the farmers market like avocado, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, red onion or fresh torn spinach.