- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125g cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup (60ml) iced water
METHOD:Place the flour, salt and butter in food processor and blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Gradually add the water whilst machine is on and process until it just forms a ball. You may not need all the water so do a little at a time.
Tip the pastry ball out and shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic film and pop in the fridge to rest for about 40 minutes.
- I suggest you double the recipe for making a large pie or tart because otherwise there is not always enough for a lid!
- The little pie in the photo is simple mince and cheese pies made in large muffin trays- great way to use up left overs and the farmer loves them in his lunch