- 500gm beef or lamb mince (a little fat is not a bad thing when it comes to patties)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tblsp fresh herbs (I use parsley, thyme and chives)
- 1 egg
- 1 clove fresh chopped garlic (optional)
METHOD:Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix together with your hands (clean ones of course) until all of the mixture is combined. Roll into balls just a bit bigger than the size of a golf ball and then squish down into patties. Cook in a pan or on the barbecue.
- You can add other sauces for flavour, sometimes I use sweet chilli, tomato, Barbecue, or mint if you are using lamb mince
- To bind the patties for gluten free person, or just to be extra healthy you can use flax fibre/ LSA in the place of the bread crumbs
- If you make big fat patties then it is a good idea to bake them for a bit in the oven to cook them through. If you cooked them right through on the barbecue the outside would probably be a bit charred!