- 1 cup Milk
- 6 slices White Bread
- 800g Beef Mince
- 1 cup (heaping) Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Seasoned Salt (I use smoked salt)
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Finely chopped Flat-leaf Parsley
- 4 eggs
- Garlic (optional)
- 10 slices streaky/regular Bacon
- 1-1/2 cup Tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- Tabasco To Taste
Preheat oven to180 degrees Celsius.
|It looks gross but bare with me here|
This is the fun bit: With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. The bread will munch up and become a part of the mixture, you may have to break up any big bits.
Form the mixture into a loaf shape on a broiler pan (I don't have one so put tin foil on the draining rack of my deep oven pan and poked some holes in it, which will allow the fat to drain. (Line the bottom of the pan with foil as well to avoid a big mess!)
Bake for 45 minutes, then pour another 1/2 of the sauce over the top. Bake for another 15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Serve with mashed or hedgehog potatoes.
- This is a BIG meatloaf so either invite people for tea or use the leftovers for sandwiches the next day(s)
- It may be easier to mush up the bread before adding everything else, I find that you get lumps of bread otherwise (as you can see in my pictures)