Wednesday 9 May 2012

Kale for flower arranging

Today I purchased some flowers (let's be honest the farmer does not, will not, has never bought me flowers- tell him that he should next time you see him!) and in the bunch was two chrysanthemums, three pink flowers (name unknown), some ferns and two brassicas- kale to be precise. Most non-farming people would just think they are pretty purple flowers with a thick stem, but I thought "geez we feed that stuff to the cows and I just got stung $6 a stem!". Anyway the bunch of flowers is lovely and the recipient will be very happy to receive them, but I thought I would share this nifty idea with you, because you may enjoy having some of these in your next bunch of flowers as much as the cows enjoy munching on them.

Enjoy xx
A

No comments:

Post a Comment